Salem Senior Center
St. Paul’s Rectory
32 East Broadway
The hours are from 10-2. Lunch is served at noon
WASHINGTON COUNTY NUTRITION PROGRAM
Winter Weather Advisory!
Our drivers cannot deliver a meal in unsafe conditions
- For your protection, as well as our staff’s please make sure your driveways and walkways are free from snow and ice, salted and/or sanded.
- With extreme weather conditions, the meal program will close. Announcements will be made to the School closings network which includes the following media outlets:
WRGB channel 6, WTEN channel 10, WNYT channel 13 and TWC News channel 9. All area newspapers post the closings on their web pages. Closings will also be reported on WGNA radio channel 107.7 fm
- The general rule is that when Hudson Falls School is closed due to poor weather conditions, so is the Washington County Nutrition Program.
- This is a good time to make sure that you have canned soup, or other non-perishable foods on hand so that you will have an extra meal for those days when the Nutrition Program cannot deliver a hot meal. If you are in need of non-perishable food items for emergencies let us know and non-perishables will be provided
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call us:
Washington County ADRC
Fort Edward, NY 12828
(518) 746-2420 or 1-800-848-3303
Suggested donation is $3.00 per meal. Visitors and Guest at the Meal Sites $5.00 The Nutrition Program is funded by participants’ contributions, as well as the Washington County Board of Supervisors through the Federal Older Americans Act and State Funds through the NYS Office for the Aging.
Getting cabin fever this winter? Get out of the house and join other seniors at the Community Center on East Broadway in Salem.
Monday is crafters day. Join us at 10:30 for a morning of crafting. Bring your own project, share patterns and ideas or work with us on a community project.
On Wednesday’s from 10:30 – noon we offer a free coffee bar. Have a cup of coffee, tea or hot cocoa and a visit with other seniors.
Friday is game day, come play cards or one of the many board games on hand.
Tuesday and Friday mornings from 10-11, osteobusters exercise group meets.
As a reminder to other groups & clubs, the center is open Monday thru Friday from 10am to 2pm for you to use for your meetings with a private room available.
Other speakers and programs are presented monthly. Additionally we serve a nutritionally balanced and delicious lunch at noon.
Please call 854-7294 for reservations or information on our programs and activities.